Hello again! In this section, I’m sharing some of my favorite tips and tools with you that have made my work / life easier. Let me know in the comments below if you find this information valuable, would like to know more, or if there is something you’re struggling with. This website is currently a work in progress. Stick around for weekly updates and grow with me while we learn modern marketing, personal branding, personal development, and passive income online! *Disclaimer*…I’m not an affiliate for any of the companies below. For now, I’m just recommending what I use and love. I’m only an affiliate with Amazon and only recommend products I personally use.* I will have more information on my recommendations, easy to implement marketing tips, and online business tips in my new guide that will be available in early 2017. I will keep updating this page regularly with more new information that might help you in your journey to success so that you can become an online entrepreneur / personal brand rockstar!
- WordPress.org I moved to wordpress.org from wordpress.com and I’m loving life. At wordpress.org you self-host from any of the hosting companies I listed below. At wordpress.com they pretty much take care of everything for you but you don’t have access to plugins or a lot of options to customize your site. If you want to fully customize to fit your unique brand, earn money from your site, or have a store then wordpress.org is for you.
- Bluehost.com I transferred my site to Bluehost and so far I’m loving it. Great for semi-beginners and medium size websites. Bluehost also can transfer your entire site for $99
- WebSynthesis.com People recommend this hosting company all the time to me. It’s a bit pricey but it has super fast speeds. If you have a lot of content and a lot of web traffic this one is for you.
- GoDaddy.com This is ok if you are just starting out but they tend to be a little slower than the two hosting companies above. I think GoDaddy is great if you have a static website. This is just my opinion from experience.
- ThemeTrust.com My favorite! Look for a 10-30% Discount Code at the top of their website!
- More top themes in my new guide (Available in early 2017!) + in my personal consulting package.
WORDPRESS TOP 3 PLUGINS
- Revolution Slider I’m in love with the new version of the Revolution Slider. Very user-friendly and has so many features like video and templates. $19
- Custom Share Button with Floating Sidebar. Social Media Shares Icons and Share Counts. This is a free plugin but I purchased the Pro version for $25 to show social media share counts and total count for my clients. Very customizable and the email support is outstanding! The plugin developer emails me back almost within minutes with valuable feedback! Amazing! *I’m not an affiliate…..I just love the customer service for this plugin.
- Yoast SEO Very easy to use and it will improve your search engine optimization (SEO).
- MailChimp.com I currently use MailChimp and I use it for other clients. It’s super easy to use and easy to design a beautiful email campaign. You can open an account for free and use it for free if you have under 1000 subscribers. The other price options are very fair based on the number of email subscribers you have. Great if you’re just starting to collect emails + sending out newsletters.
- Ontraport.com This is gold when it comes to advanced email marketing. Once I outgrow MailChimp I will for sure be jumping into Ontraport!
- ConvertKit.com is also highly recommended by Pat Flin from SmartpassiveIncome.com. Their price starts at $29 per month for 0-1K emails but they advertise that they are easier to use than MailChimp. At this point I’m getting tired of trying to figure out MailChimp for integration and forms…they make it too complicated. But for newsletters MailChimp is great.
- LeadPages.com Capture leads/emails with easy to use page builder. LeadPages helps you convert viewers into subscribers. Builds high-quality landing pages quickly.
PHOTOS + EDITING
- Photoshop. I edit most of my pictures to adjust lighting and colors using Photoshop
- Canon Digital Photo Professional App for editing RAW images
- Instagram. I mostly take down saturation & warmth, bring up brightness, and increase contrast. I also use “fade” filter in iPhone and in VSCO app.
- Facetune. I just use this app because it has a great “whiten” option to fix dark shadows
SOCIAL MEDIA TIPS
- Get on Snapchat ASAP if you are growing your personal brand, have a business, and marketing to millennials.
- Instagram is my #1 love.
- Instagram has now over 500 million active monthly users! And Instagram Stories is blowing up and will only get better. Plus, Instagram stories get more views than Snapchat snaps.
- Facebook. Hello cost effective Facebook ads that target your niche market! It’s amazing!
- Read my “Top 6 Social Media Platforms To Grow Your Personal Brand” blog post here.
- So how do you know which social media platforms you should focus on? By finding out where your target audience hangs out and how they like communicating online, and then thinking about the results you want to get.
PERSONAL BRANDING TIPS
- #PersonalBranding: It’s crucial to have a CLEAR BRAND VISION from the start. How are you going to establish brand authority + brand identity?
- Grow your personal brand so that you can build trust, control your own destiny, career, and become an industry influencer / leader.
- “There are seven billion people in the world today, and in 2010 23% percent of them were online. By 2020 there will be almost eight (7.8) billion people in the world, and 68% of them will be online!” — Marie Forleo
- Read my “Top 6 Social Media Platforms To Grow Your Personal Brand” blog post here.
- More soon!
ONLINE MARKETING TIPS
- #MARKETING IN 2017: Go where the consumer attention is going. So, who’s winning? VIDEO, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, + Pinterest! “There are two places right now that companies need to be focusing to win their marketing game. One is mobile, and the social networks contained within mobile. The second is video.” Gary V
- “Top #marketing isn’t about resources – it’s about value. The more #value you add to people, the more they will see you as an expert.” TR
- Modern Marketing is the lifeblood of your business. Modern Marketing is just effective clear communication done on a consistent basis.
- Visitors form an opinion of your website + brand in 3 seconds. Your website has to do the following 3 things: CONNECT – You must connect with your visitors instantly and communicate the value of your brand……fast! CAPTURE – Visitors emails (On the home page at eye level) Majority of people will not remember, buy or make a decision to fully commit on the first visit, therefore you need to collect their emails so that you can build a relationship with them over time. CONVERT – Browsers into buyers! Your website can and SHOULD bring in revenue 24/7. This is for everyone..bloggers, e-store owners…etc
- When making a purchase – people make decisions with their emotions = 80% emotion and 20% logic/pricing.
- People don’t buy things they need, they buy the things they want.
- Your communication plan has to do two things: Inspire & Instruct.
- Modern Marketing is giving first before you even make a sale.
- “The most dramatic (positive) change in our global economy is about to occur between 2016 and 2020. Three to 5 billion new consumers, who have never purchased anything, never uploaded anything and never invented and sold anything, are about to come online and provide a mega-surge to the global economy.” via Peter Diamandis Huffington Post
- More Soon!
- Ask question. It’s almost impossible for a human brain to ignore a question.
- Write like you talk. It helps customers/visitors connect with you + you don’t sound like a robot.
- More Soon!
TIME + PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Pick your project – Pick your Deadline – Slice the Deadline in Half – Allocate Time just to do that project – Attack it with Concentrated Focus Like it’s the Last Two Minutes of the Super Bowl and it’s Go Time! Train yourself to Focus. By finishing your projects and/or goals in half the time…creates more time. Boom! Learned from Darren Hardy.
TIPS TO BUILD RAPPORT-INFLUENCE
- People like people who are like themselves; or who are like how they would like to be.
- Rapport is power when it comes to building relationships.
- Rapport is created by a feeling of something in common.
- Make other people feel like they are the center of the Universe.
- Remember…Everyone wants to feel special, heard, understood, and loved.
- The best way to influence other people is to talk about what they want and show them how to get it.
- Being fully present with someone is very powerful.
- Listen with the intent to understand, not with the intent to reply.
- Notes from “How to Win Friends and Influence People”:
- Always build relationships.
- Communication is very important.
- Be of service to others.
- Add massive value.
- Don’t ever criticize, condemn or complain.
- Give honest & sincere appreciation.
- See things from their point of view.
- Become genuinely interested in other people and their interests.
- Listen and encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Make people feel valued.
- Make people feel important!
- For fashion blog posts and travel photography, I use Canon 70D
- For Instagram pictures, I use the current iPhone. The camera is so good. Some pics come out better than Canon.
- Relationships: In order to have fulfilling relationships you have to meet each others unique 6 needs. Learned from Tony Robbins.
- 1 Certainty. That we can be comfortable and have consistency.
- 2 Uncertainty/Variety. We need new experiences and surprises.
- 3 Significance. Everyone needs and wants to feel important, needed, wanted, and worthy of love.
- 4 Love + Connection. Love and connection with people, pets, nature…etc
- 5 Growth. If we stop growing we die. We need to develop emotionally, spiritually, and intellectually.
- 6 Contribution. To contribute beyond our own needs and give to others.
I listen to podcasts 2-3 times a week to get motivated and learn something new. This usually happens when I’m doing my hair and makeup, in the car, or while waiting. I think this is the best way to learn on the go. I never miss Tony Robbins podcasts and I listen to Lewis Howes at least a few times a month.
- The Smart Passive Income Podcast by Pat Flynn
- The Tony Robbins Podcast
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes
- Social Triggers with Derek Halpern
- I Love Marketing with Joe Polish and Dean Jackson
- Best website, blog posts, and podcasts www.smartpassiveincome.com
- Frank Kern – The king of passive income and online marketing. YouTube him.
- For YouTube..ers and anyone who wants to learn video marketing check out Video Influencers